Everyone is concerned today about avoiding the Coronavirus (Covid-19), as well they should be. The people most susceptible to this virus are the elderly and people with compromised immune systems. And while supplement may not cure the virus, some can help you strengthen your immune system which is critical in warding off or fighting most diseases. Here are a few of the best supplements that can help boost your immune system.
- Vitamin D: By now many people know how crucial this nutrient is for building strong, healthy bones. What many people don’t know is that vitamin D is a hormone that also helps boost the immune system. It does so by helping to “turn on” the action of our immune cells. This is critical now but it is also necessary at all times to have a healthy, robust immune response.
- Zinc: This mineral has both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. It also helps strengthen the immune system. In fact, some research has shown that the lack of zinc in a person’s diet can cause their immune system to become compromised. Natural food sources of zinc include seafood, eggs, legumes, nuts, seeds, and soy products
- N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC): N-Acetyl Cysteine is an antioxidant amino acid natural found in the body. It supports the immune system by helping to sustain the body’s glutathione anti-oxidant level. Indeed, in several studies NAC supplementation resulted in a significant increase in immune function — with an almost complete restoration of natural killer cells. Our NAC supplement is on sale for a short time.
- Beta Carotene: This powerful antioxidant not only scavenges for free radicals, it also supports the immune system. Food sources of this nutrient include carrots, sweet potatoes, dark leafy greens, such as kale and spinach romaine lettuce, Squash, cantaloupe, red and yellow peppers and apricots.
- Vitamin C, (also known as L-ascorbic acid): This water soluble encourages the production of white blood cells known as lymphocytes and phagocytes, which help protect the body against infection. Vitamin C, since it is an anti-oxidant, also protects white blood cells from the damage caused by free radicals.
Many of our products support the immune system which is the body’s guardian against disease and infections. We also sell natural skin care products to support the body’s largest organ. Be safe out there and keep an eye on the elderly and people who have a weakened immune system.